The American Council of Engineering Companies of West Virginia (ACECWV) is devoted to the advancement of the practice of consulting engineering, to the promotion of private enterprise, protection of public welfare, and to the improvement of the economic status of the professional engineers engaged in the practice of consulting engineering.
ACECWV disseminates information explaining the services and value of consulting engineers to other professional organizations, businesses and members.
Download 2015 Presentations (.zip / 552 MB)
SASHTO Conference 2016
The SASHTO (Southeastern Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials) Conference for 2016 is scheduled to be held at The Greenbrier Resort in White Sulphur Springs, WV on August 27-30, 2016. This conference is a must-attend for any transportation engineering professional. We are proud and excited to host them here in West Virginia at the beautiful Greenbrier Resort. Save The Date Visit SASHTO
HOW TO JOIN ACECWV
CONTACT THE ACECWV OFFICE:
PO Box 1031
Charleston, WV 25324
The American Council of Engineering Companies (ACECWV) is a statewide organization representing the consulting engineering community. ACECWV is the source for information and a hub for the cooperative services for common purposes that benefit all members throughout West Virginia. Our affiliation with the National ACEC (American Council of Engineering Companies) enables ACECWV to be involved with the largest National organization of engineers engaged in the independent practice of consulting engineering.
ACEC includes nearly 5,500 member firms, which represent some 184,000 employees, offering a wide variety of professional engineering services. These include all fields of engineering from civil, transportation, electrical, mechanical, structural, environmental, geotechnical, chemical, acoustical, industrial, mining, and agricultural services to a wide range of services in the field of energy production and conservation. Our firms range in size from a single, experienced professional engineer to corporations employing thousands of professionals who represent a diverse population.
As an association, our duties include:
- Protecting the public welfare;
- Safeguarding the ethical standards of the engineering profession and ensuring that ethical standards are maintained by consulting engineers in private practice;
- Promoting harmony, cooperation and mutual understanding among consulting engineers;
- Cooperating with public bodies and other organizations in matters of common interest;
- Promoting the professional and economic welfare of its members;
- Acting as a clearing house and information center among its members and providing cooperative services for their common purpose and benefit;
- Advising on enactment of legislation on a national basis affecting the interests of consulting engineers, and assisting its members on state and local legislation that may have a relation to the general interests of the Council;
- And supporting and assisting in the advancement of the science and practice of engineering.
Voice in Government
Local and National issues pertaining to the engineering community are closely monitored and lobbied. Members are informed of the status of important legislation and regulatory activities affecting the engineering community. ACECWV will continue to maintain communication with our elected officials in order to influence policy.
Promotion of Future Development
ACECWV and members work closely with the State and County Development Authorities to promote and attract economic and infrastructure development, as well as, as well as actively supporting and promoting the funding of the West Virginia Transportation system.
Our association offers seminars throughout the year on issues pertaining to the engineering community, and works with the DOH to provide engineering and design training courses.
A quarterly newsletter provides up-to-date information on engineering projects and future proposal advertisements. The newsletter also contains all the association news on upcoming events and meetings, along with local and national legislative issues.
Our Membership Directory/Buyers Guide is the "Who's Who" in the Consulting Engineering community. The directory lists members and the services they provide. This directory is made available to all owners, both public and private, who purchase engineering services.
ACECWV offers an array of committees and sub committees for you to take advantage of. These committees are where the majority of the ACECWV Policies and programs are developed.
How To Join ACECWV
Contact the ACECWV Office: PO Box 1031 Charleston, WV 25324 — 304-382-8590 — email@example.com
- A.F. McCormick
- A. Morton Thomas & Associates
- Buchart-Horn, Inc.
- Burgess & Niple, Inc.
- Carpenter Treatment Solutions
- CDM Smith
- Chapman Technical Group
- CTL Engineering
- Freese and Nichols, Inc.
- GAI Consultants, Inc.
- Geosyntec Consultants
- Greg Boso & Associates, Inc.
- Hatch Mott MacDonald
- HDR Engineering
- Herbert, Rowland & Grubic, Inc.
- HNTB Corporation
- Hornor Brothers Engineers
- L.A. Gates Company
- L.R. Kimball
- Martin Engineering
- Mead & Hunt
- Michael Baker, Jr., Inc.
- Modjeski & Masters, Inc.
- Neff, Longest & Beam, LLC
Board and Committees
Board of Directors
- President — Mike Perry, P.E. — Stantec Consulting Services
- President-Elect — Jay Cantley, P.E. — L.A. Gates Co.
- Secretary-Treasurer — Jamie Bumgarner, P.E. — Mead & Hunt
- National Director — Dayton Carpenter, P.E. — Carpenter Treatment Solutions
- Infrastructure Div. — Clay Riley, P.E. — Thrasher Engineering
- Transportation Div. — Amy Staud, P.E. — HDR Engineering
- Chair — Amy Staud, P.E. — HDR Engineering
- Past Chair — Bruce Bosley, P.E. — HNTB
- Director — Shawn Brannon, P.E. — Modjeski & Masters
- Director — Cindy Shamblin, P.E. — CDM Smith
- Director — Wesley Hevener, P.E. — TRC Solutions
- Director — Shaun Long, P.E. — Michael Baker International
- Director — Chris Woodland, P.E. — AECOM
- Director — Megan Hevener, P.E. — Mead & Hunt
|Oct 1||2015 Engineering and Construction Exchange||Shawnee Park||Dunbar, WV||N/A|
|Oct 14||Engineering Excellence Awards||Four Points by Sheraton||Charleston, WV||7:00pm|
|Oct 15||Joint Forum||Four Points by Sheraton||Charleston, WV||8:00am|
|Aug 27-30, 2016||SASHTO Conference 2016||The Greenbrier Resort||White Sulphur Springs, WV||More Info|
2015 Discover E
ACEC-WV Winners with President, Michael Perry. (Michael Perry, Jessica Seese, Marissa Poultney and Benjamin Goffin)
Skelly and Loy is seeking a responsible, detail-oriented individual to serve as an Environmental Scientist to assist other environmental staff and take lead responsibility on some small projects. We are seeking a team player who must have a strong work ethic. Tasks will include, but may not be limited to: conducting wetland identification and delineations, obtaining environmental permits, monitoring environmental permit compliance, and conducting threatened and endangered species studies (animals and plants). This position will require out-of-town and occasional overnight travel, and working long hours outdoors in adverse weather conditions and steep terrain. The assignments require the ability to lift 50 lbs., carry equipment, work within wetland and stream areas, maneuver around obstacles, and work in the presence traffic.
Water/Wastewater Project Manager/Project Engineer
Career opportunity in Charleston, WV area with a Midwest-based ENR Top 500 consulting firm for experienced Engineer with Water/Wastewater, Wet Weather or Storm Water background. Ideal candidate should be a registered PE in WV with 5+ years of exprience. Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package offered.